Sunday, February 28, 2010

I laughed, I cried, it moved me bob....

IT.IS.OVERRRRRR!!!!!!!

I was certain I would cry at the discharge ceremony, but jess, rene, and I all managed to hold it in. The guys were all like, " why would you cry??" they didn't get it :P

THANK YOU to everyone who has read this, commented, supported me, and especially prayed for me! There is no way I could have done this past month without you all :)

The last day felt like highschool graduation all over again: we were all ecstatic to be done and going home, but also really, really sad....we had become almost like a family: I had a grandma and gramdpa, (the grandma was a hip-hop dancing lady who likes steletos and club dancing, and the grandpa was a veitnam war vet, who whork in an airport.) I had a creepy older brother, and a cool brother. I had a distant aunt who never spoke much, and a dad from poland. heres waht im going to mis the most: my 2 older sisters; I have always been the older sister, and having 2 older sisters was really awesome. I wanted to cry sooooo bad, because I was just devestated that alette wasn't there to finnish with me....We all made a contact sheet, with our names, emails, phone numbers, and home addresses. (i just put my name and email haha there are some peopl i DO NOT want to keep contact with lol) So we probably wont loose touch. But the likelyhood that i will see any of them ever again is very very small. But i can hope :)

Thanks again everyone! You helped me get through this month, and I cannot thank you enough :D

Love, Katie

Ps~ I will be deleteing this blog in a little bit, for various reasons. I am going to print it out so i have a copy of it to remember it. If there is anything else you wish to say, please say it on here by the end of the week. (friday or saturday at the latest.) so that I can delete it. Thank you :)

Pss~ alette and jess---if you're reading this, I cannot thank you enough. The fact that we were all in the same group was a total blessing, and I have thanked God for it every single day since I met you guys. We helped each other get through, and we became very close. I don't have to say goodbye here, because we are NOT going to loose touch--we simply can't. But i will say this: I miss you guys. My last memory of you guys is still very clear: alette, you were walking across michigan avenue back to the hotel, and I lost sight of you in the crowds. (very much like in the movies lol) Jess-we were the last 2 to leave ric; You headed toward the elevators to the parking garage, and I went to the escalators down to the street. We made an agreement: neither of us would cry till i was at the hotel and you were in the car. I barely managed to keep my end of the deal. If we WERE saying goodbye, I would say the same thing to you both: You are the toughest gals I have ever met. You got through this with torn hips, rsd knee, and a bunch of crazy doctors making up lies about you. I became tougher by watching you, so thank you.

OK i'm done now with the emotional part. :P

Once again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

~Katie

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home Katie!

    In the last month you have received a wonderful gift.

    It is now up to YOU to use it wisely and to not forget all of your hard work.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the "New You"!

    ReplyDelete