Monday, February 1, 2010

OWWWW

So I knew this was gonna hurt, but danggg.....and it's only going to get worse!
Up until about 2pm, I was doing so-so, considering I had walked a mile, going back and forth from the hotel 2 times.

The day started for me at 6am, which, as you can imagine, was NOT fun! I managed to get up, get breakfast, do my hair and makeup, and get to RIC with about 15 minutes to spare. I chose my locker, and waited for the rest of the group to get there. There are a total of about 11 or 12 people in my group, and I am the youngest. The closest to my age are two young woman, both in there late 20s, i believe. One of the ladies is the only other CRPS person in my group, and shes in the hotel room right next to mine! we get along pretty well, so It's nice to have made a friend on the first day, and it's even better that we"re able to commiserate with eachother and hang out at the hotel!

We went on a tour of the two centers, (one on the 2nd floor, one on the 8th, and one a block away in a mall! hahaaaaa Im in heaven! a mall right across the block from my hotel@ and heres the best part: its 8 stories tall!!! :D ) So I got to see the gym, which is AWESOME! very stylish! Then We had 3 lectures, from 9-12. Then a hour lunch break; I got lucky, and had an additional break right afterwards, so I had 2 hrs off. I came back to the hotel and ate with dad and relaxed) Then things got rough: Physical therapy, (PT) Occupational Therapy, (OT) and a doc appt. PT was very hard-lots of tests to see how strong I am, all of which involved standing or balancing or reaching up on my feet. Then I had OT, and the woman who helped me was awesome! Very kind and funny :) The only problem was that she had to touch and examine my bad foot to see how she could help desensitize my foot. She was pretty gentle, but some things you can only be so gentle with....so yeah it's only going to get worse, because we haven't even started to desensitize it! Then the doctor had to touch it too. NOT funnn!
I managed to get home and collapse. Barely. Then My bested dad ever surprised me with a strawberry cheesecake to celabrate my first day! :D
I will post My schedule for the next week in a new post!

3 comments:

  1. Katie, is the mall that you're talking about Water Tower Place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, baby girl, you made it through your first day! I'm so proud of you :D

    Now...just get up and do it all again tomorrow! Heehee. Just kidding. Be strong and courageous. Cast all your anxieties on the Lord, for He cares for you. Dream big.

    Good night - love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete