Thursday, February 11, 2010

Silly/Anorexic Models

So i am currently watching "Project runway" and "the models of project runway." the first one is a design competition, which i like cause its all about colors and patterns, ect. the models one is all about silly drama. (Ex: you called me fat! Did not! Did too!) but its fun to watch while im doing my excersises. I'mm almost done. Im actually doing one as im typing-I have to lie on my stomach while propped up on my elbows for a few minutes.

Here's the great news: ever since I asked my PT for more excersises to strengthen my wrists/hands and feet/ankles, I've felt much better! more sore, yes-but better!my arms are already stronger! I am standing here doing them tonight, and I fell pretty good :) but only with my arm work-the legs and feet, not so much....but im getting there :)

Tomorrow they canceled my PT appointment, and stuck me in relaxation again. I'm not so happy about t hat....I know how to relax,so I feel like I don't need that class as much. And I deffinitely need more PT! but there is one good thing about relaxation class-the imagery excersises! I LOVE those! so far they've only given us the basic ones: the beach, in a cabin in a snow storm, (i changed it up cause I hate the cold and made it a thunder/rain storm!) and a stream running through a meadow. Some people fall asleep and start snoring, and there's one person who makes rude comments about that. not very cool....

Saturday I have a meeting with an acupuncturist/eastern medicine guy that my doctor wants me to visit for more ideas about all my issues. So hopefully I will be able to get all my work done that day, see this new doctor guy, AND have some fun! We were talking about how frustrated we all are in psyche group today-we get up, make it to RIC, make it through the day, go home, rest a little, do more work and pain, eat, more work and pain, then bed. So we were all like, "when do we get some times for ourselves??" true, we have the weekends, but most of that is 1.) recovering, 2.) doing the homework/home excersies, and 3.) preparing for the next week. So there is really very little time to have for ourselves. Justin (one my favorite teachers) says it's all about finding the balance, but, knowing me, i'll finally find that balance like 2 days before i leave! :P

Ok, I'm going to go finnish my last excersise, then relax and go to bed. Goodnight :)

6 comments:

  1. hmmmm wish i had some advice, but you'll get the hang of it soon sis! usually you can pick and choose the important hw assignments,but with this i dont think thats a very good idea lol stick with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anna! I've found that even if I feel like crap, if i make myself get up and just do them, the endorphins kick in and help me make it through the work, and i feel better emotionally, even if not physically...

    So im getting through for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie,
    I've been reading your blogs and can see how hard you have been working. Since you're halfway through the program, the rest should be a piece of cake! (just kidding) Seriously, it seems that you have embraced this program completely, have done the work required, and can tell the difference. That's what it's all about. It's important to try new things even tho they are scary. And after we've done it, we wonder why we were so scared. Anyway, keep up the good work and be glad you're not here shoveling @#$%$%@#$ snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie-
    This is a second try. The first one did not go though so I'm not going to type much to see if I can get this to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie-
    That one worked. Glad to hear your arms are getting stronger and your legs are improving. Grandpa had good results from an accupuncture doctor with his neck, and this doctor was not Oriental. Also, Grandpa would love the relaxation class. He would be the one snoring. As Aunt Joan said "Keep up the good work and be glad you're not here shoveling that four letter word."

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha thanks grandma and aunt Joan-I cant stop laughing!! :D

    ReplyDelete